Are YOU suffering from STRESS?
Trying to balance family, work and looking after yourself is so hard
Often we sacrifice our own wellbeing to work or spending time with the family but at the end of the day, if we don’t take care of our own health everything else suffers
Take our simple stress test below to find out:
Do you feel tired?
Frequent colds & infections?
Moody & agitated?
Feel overwhelmed, not in control?
Feel bad about yourself (low self esteem)
Teeth grinding, clenched jaw?
Loss of sexual desire?
Find it difficult to relax?
Aches, pains & tense muscles?
Upset tummy, indigestion?
If you identify with 3 or more of these classic signs of stress, it’s highly likely that you are frazzled and need to take steps to relax and chill out more.
10 Ways to beat stress
- Learn to say NO – don’t take on too many commitments. Prioritise and say no to some. This will give you more control over your life.
- Eat healthy, balanced meals to nourish your body.
- Take up a dance or foreign language class or learn to play a musical instrument, something just for you.
- Learn and practise relaxation techniques: meditation, breathing exercises, Yoga, Pilates or T’ai Chi.
- Practise using daily positive affirmations such as ‘My mind is clear’ and ‘I have confidence in my own abilities’.
- ‘Me time’ is so important. Before you reach breaking point, allow time in your diary to nurture yourself and find a moment for mindfulness and emotional healing.
- Avoid using alcohol, drugs or compulsive behaviour to alleviate stress.
- Exercise daily – it increases the secretion of endorphins (feel good hormones) which boost confidence and self esteem whilst reducing tension.
- Have a bedtime relaxation ritual and stick to it. Ban all electronic devices from the bedroom and reduce screen time 2 hours before retiring, read a book instead.
- Accept that there are some things in life that you cannot control.